An ointment is a homogeneous, viscous, semi-solid preparation, most commonly a greasy, thick oil (oil 80% – water 20%) with a high viscosity, that is intended for external application to the skin or mucous membranes. Ointments have a water number that defines the maximum amount of water that they can contain. They are used as emollients or for the application of active ingredients to the skin for protective, therapeutic, or prophylactic purposes and where a degree of occlusion is desired.
At VKPAK, we manufacture high quality machine for filling viscous liquids like ointment cream, lotion and other viscous products. The ointment filling machines offered by us are available with various filling speed, filling range and are suitable for high viscosity products. All our machineries passes through quality checking process by our experts to perform at its best.
Ointments are preparations for external use, intended for application to the skin. Typically, they have an oily or greasy consistency and can appear “stiff” as they are applied to the skin. Ointments contain drug that may act on the skin or be absorbed through the skin for systemic action. Many ointments are made from petroleum jelly. Like many other pharmaceutical preparations, they frequently contain preservatives and may also contain aromatic substances and dyes to enhance patient acceptance. Although there is generally no agreed-upon pharmaceutical definition for creams, they are very much like ointments in their use. Their composition is somewhat like that of ointments except that creams often have water-in-oil emulsions as the base of the formulation. When applied to the skin, creams feel soft and supple and spread easily.
For tube packaging ointment, there is a special tube filling and sealing machine. Tube filling machine is designed with filling and sealing process that is used to fill ointment, cream, lotion, toothpaste or any solid material in plastic tube and is been sealed. Our ointment filling machine is reliable, high accuracy filling system that provides clean and accurate filling at optimum speed giving a high-quality product. This tube filler is been manufactured with the latest technology and is been inspected against various parameters so as to guarantee premium quality filling. The tube filling equipment provided by us gives accurate processing method that gives excellent output.
- Our ointment filling machine is suitable for filling all kinds of pasty and viscous fluid and the materials alike, into plastic and composite metal tubes and then internally heating tubes, sealing and printing lot number. It is used in the industries of pharmaceutics, food , cosmetic and daily chemicals.
- With high quality touch screen & PLC control system employed, convenient, visualized and reliable non-touch operation of the machine is effected.
- Compact design and auto tube feed. Driving part fully-closed.
- Tube washing and feeding marking identification, filling, folding, sealing, code printing and finished product output all conducted by a fully auto control system.
- Tube washing and feeding conducted pneumatically, accurate and reliable.
- Auto picketage effected by photoelectric inductance.
- Easy adjustment and dismantling.
- Intelligent temperature control and cooling system makes operation easy and sealing reliable.
- With easy and quick adjustment, it is suitable for using multiple kinds of soft tubes for filling.
- The part contacting materials is made of 316L stainless steel, clean, sanitary and conforming to GMP for medicine manufacture.
- With safety device, the machine is shut down when the door is open.
- And filling carried out only with tubes fed. Overload protection.
Sealing and labeling of ointment tubes
Tube filling and sealing machine already includes tube sealing; there are usually several sealing methods; Tube filling machinery comes with hot-air sealing, ultrasonic sealing, impulse sealing or hot-jaw sealing options. Matching the type of squeeze tube with the correct tube sealing equipment is very important to ensure strong, professional tube seals. The most popular tube sealing machinery option is hot-air tube sealing. For tube labeling, it is usually printed during the tube production process.
Healing Ointment Jars
For filling of healing ointment jars, which usually have a high viscosity of ointment, VKPAK recommends the use of piston or pump filling machines.
Capping and labeling of ointment jars
Ointment jar capping machine, usually choose the following equipment, the specific machine selection needs to be based on the shape of the cap, size, capping method to decide.
Ointment jar labeling machine, usually choose the following equipment, the specific machine selection needs to be based on the shape of the container, the size of the container, label size to decide.
Ointment Tube Filling Machine Operation
It is a highly automated machine and it consists of a round rotary plate at filling stations in which tubes are placed. At the first station, the filling operation is performed from where it is moved to the next stations. The subsequent stations of the ointment filling machine perform the folding operation on the tube and after 2 folds, it moves forward to the next station where coding is done. The filled tube is then later ejected to produce completely finished filled tubes.
Advantages Of Ointment Tube Filling Machine
Increased production efficiency: Ointment tube filling line allows manufacturers to fill up the products like ointment, creams and lotions in tube quickly. It increases the production efficiency with its high speed and accuracy.
Reliable and consistent: if the tubes are filled manually, it can lead to high variances in amount of filling. However, the ointment filling machine offers great consistency and reliability in terms of filling.
Reduced labour cost: if the tubes are filled with the help of human labour, the company needs many people to execute this work and it can increase the production cost. However, the usage of ointment filling machine eliminates these cost, hence it is a cost-effective solution.
Reduction in product wastage: Ointment tube filling machine offers high accuracy and efficiency in the filling, which helps in reducing product wastage.