Peristaltic pump filling machine, as the name implies, is the use of peristaltic pump to quantitative measurement of liquid filling machine.
How Do Peristaltic Pump Work?
Rollers or shoes in a peristaltic pump compress the tube or hose as they rotate, creating a vacuum which draws fluid through the tube.
Nothing but the pump tube or hose touches the fluid, eliminating the risk of the pump contaminating the fluid, or the fluid contaminating the pump. The animation shows fluid being drawn into a pump tube, trapped by the pumphead roller, and expelled when the next roller passes over the tube. As the rollers rotate, a vacuum is formed in the tube, pulling in more fluid, for the next roller pass.
The complete closure of the tube when is it occluded (squeezed) between the roller and the track, gives the pump its positive displacement action, preventing backflow and eliminating the need for check-valves when the pump is not running.
What are the advantages of using peristaltic pump?
- The main advantage of peristaltic pumps is that nothing but the tube touches the fluid. Because only the inner bore of the tube touches the fluid, they eliminate the risk of the pump contaminating the fluid, or the fluid contaminating the pump.
- Easy to install, simple to operate and inexpensive to maintain
- Scalable technology to meet a variety of processing needs
- Low shear, gentle handling without impellers, vanes, lobes or valves in the fluid path
- Delivers flow stability and metering accuracy
- The only replacement part is the low cost tube, which can quickly be replaced in-situ
Peristaltic Pump Fillers Working Principle
Small volume, accurate fills of liquids where no cross-contamination is permitted.
The peristaltic pump makes intermittent contact on only the outside of the surgical (product) tubing so that the product only touches the inside of the tubing. The filler’s master computer independently tracks the # of rotations of the peristaltic pump head so that it knows precisely how much product has been delivered. When the target fill volume is reached, the pump stops and the remaining product fluid does not drip out due to pipette action. The computer stores all fill parameters in memory for fast changeovers.
Specifically designed for high value, small volume fills at very high accuracy. Suitable for aqueous and other light viscosity products.
Pharmaceutical preparations, fragrances, essential oils, reagents, inks, dyes, and specialty chemicals.
Fluid path is disposable; easy cleanup and elimination of cross contamination problems. Accuracies of 0.5% are achievable for fill volumes less than 1 ml.
VKPAK Peristaltic Pump Filling Machine
Our peristaltic pumps are mostly used in liquid filling and capping machines of 500ml or less.
The machine is mainly composed of dust shield, conveyor belt, electrical box, rack, stoppering hopper, capping hopper, turntable and peristaltic pump, etc.
Peristaltic pump filling machine for the application of round eyedrop bottle or similar ones, auto accomplish product filling, plug place, cap place, cap screw-on. The machine is composed by a load turntable, peristaltic pump &fill nozzles, plug &cap sorter, Plug &cap placer, cap screw-on system, unload tray. The bottle loading/unloading is done manually, through loading turntable Ø500mm and unloading tray, or directly from an production line. It is designed and made accordance to GMP regulation.
- Bottle feeding and collecting table
- 2 peristaltic pump filling machine
- 2 high accuracy screwing capping heads
- Cap vibrating sorter
- Rubber screw, cause less damage to the bottle, protect bottles.
- Suitable for small volume bottle, bottles are not easy to fall down
- High speed
- The star wheel is customized according to client’s bottle diameter and height.
- The star wheel needs to change for different size bottle
Using peristaltic pump can reach high accuracy for filling small volume liquid
The one-tube feature of this filling machine allows the user to switch between production lines without fear of cross-contamination.The liquid does not leave the tube at all during the filling process, saving time and energy that can be spent more productively. For products that may need to be filled in a sterile environment or those that may have chemical reactions to the metal innards of a typical filling machine, this will reduce all sorts of unwanted exposures and possible hazards. For products where isolation and sterilization are not high priorities, this machine can still help save cleaning time as there is no need to clean the machine's main body. Only the tube needs to be cleaned, and a different tube can be assigned to each product, so that product switching can be done just by putting the assigned tube onto the machine.
Peristaltic Pump Fillers Advantages:
- Steady and precise filling by the peristaltic pump.
- Single tube means that there is no possibility of cross-contamination, as well as easy production switching.
- No additional parts or tools needed to change production.
- Meets the cGMP Guidelines for Good Manufacturing Practice for Medicinal Products.
Peristaltic Pump Fillers Application:
Syrups, sauces, oils, yogurts, juices, glues, chemicals, alcohols, creams, shampoos, detergents, pastes, serums, concentrates, extracts, nail polishes, pigments, varnishes, slurries, resins, inks, purees.
Pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, dietary supplements, cosmetics, food and beverages, laboratories, hospitals.